Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messe2013: Arturia's new KeyLab controller line

New range of USB/MIDI controllers in 25-, 49-, and 61-key variants; looks like the successor to the Analog Experience quartet.

The concept looks promising -- more drum pads (hopefully they'll actually be sensitive enough for finger-drumming, this time around), better spacing on the faders, and a switch to what look like the knobs from the Origin and Spark (which are much nicer than those on the AE boards).

I'm interested, if not necessarily optimistic, and I'm not exactly waiting with open wallet.  Although my Spark has been trouble-free, my Analog Laboratory board left something to be desired in the QA department, while the bundled software proved to be buggy and guilty of making promises it couldn't deliver.  The new (and somewhat confusingly-named) Analog Lab software seems as if it could indeed be what the Analog Laboratory was supposed to -- in particular, it seems to have a more full-featured multi-timbral mode -- but I'm waiting to see some magazine reviews first.

Thoughts?

Keys and Pads: Arturia Analog Laboratory 49, Arturia Spark, Korg Kronos 61, Korg nanoPad 2
    Strings: Carvin Bolt HSS w/ Wilkinson vibrato
    DAWs: FL Studio 10, Sonar X2 Producer
    Plugs: Arturia V Collection 3, Crypton Vocaloid 2 Megurine Luka, Korg Legacy Collection, Madrona Labs Aalto, NI Guitar Rig 5, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0

For some reason Arturia's stuff has never clicked with me. 

But to be fair, I've never owned any of their controllers either. 

Never got excited enough about them to lay out the cash.

Comment

It looks nice, especially the 61 key controller / synth.  I hope it can auto-map the Moog Modular V.  That thing is impossible to tweek in real time with a mouse.  

The forumite formerly known as bruto.

Comment

Working...
      X