KORG KROME gurus??? Sequencing question.

DonH81

• Members

I have what may be a real basic question regarding sequencing on the Krome. It's actually amazing that I've been playing Korg keyboards for close to 25 years and never addressed this, however...

Most of the sounds in the keyboard are very dependent on their specific FX for them to sound correct and authentic. And of course in sequencer mode, they're all disgustingly bone dry.

So, what's the procedure for applying the correct FX to each sound in the sequencer?

FYI, I generally use the sequencer only to round out a 'full band' experience so we're not talking about more than 2 or 3 patches for each song. I believe the Krome has more than enough FX power to dedicate to each sound, no?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Generically speaking, a sequencer just plays the notes. The sounds are created in the sound module. It may be possible that the effects are generated for a multi-timberal patch, as opposed to just for a single sound. So if your in sound mode and not patch mode (No doubt Korg has different names for these modes) you may not have access to the effects or they need to be recreated for the patch. Are you using any continuous controller information that may have accidentally turned down the effects level, either over all or per part? Just a couple stabs in the dark. I haven't even cracked a manual. I'll try to look this week if I get a chance.

Added: As I suspected Korg calls them programs and combinations (page 43) as opposed to sounds and patches. Page 78 in the manual discusses the use of effects with combinations and sequences modes which is different than program mode. Hopefully this will give you someplace to start.

http://i.korg.com/uploads/Support/US...G_E%284%29.pdf

Archived