Build your own Boss FS-6 dual footswitch (sort of)

kingnimrod

• Members

okay, this is not really the same thing as the FS-6 because it doesn't use a battery, is smaller, can't switch polarity, and can't switch to latching.

BUT, for those of you looking to control your Boss RC-50 or other loop station, this does the trick for much less money. Hopefully this will help somebody out...

footswitch.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Dude, this is great. I was quite sure this was really simple; but looking at it makes me more confident.

I'm gonna put led's that will be fed by a 9v power supply. For this I will be using two DPDT's I have here.

Worst thing here in Brazil is finding a decent enclosure. :confused:

Thanks for the help!

• Members

This wouldn't really work with LEDs because these are momentary switches - the circuit is only completed when you are pressing the pedal.

Now, if you are doing a latching type switch, that would be different, but the function of the pedal wouldn't be the same as what I illustrated. Just think of this as a glorified tap tempo switch....

• Members

Yep, King. I knew it.

Just built it two days ago. I put the leds to have a visual indication IF the toggle was really engaged. The crappy Brazilian switches fail in some stomps and I had to have a visual confirmation.

Besides, since one of the switches can be used to "tap" the tempo in, having a led showing me the momentary "flashing" is nice to help me feel the right tempo.

I used a sturdy plastic box from a swatch that a customer gave me (better that the swatch itself:thu:) and two switches (I don't think you have a switch like this in the US). I had an old Hard Disk enclosure (external) with two square leds just dumped around. I put everything together, two resistors, a DC jack and a regular stereo jack (which here in Brazil we call P10 - stereo). I could have used a battery instead but I have lots of outputs remaining from my main DC supply. Just for fun, I put an old, eighties-era sticker from Boss (they included a sticker with every pedal at that time - cool). Curious is: my Loop Station is coming from US- a friend o' mine is bringing it from New York - only on Sunday morning! This way all I need to do is to Velcro the pedal in, hook it up with the stereo cable I've done and enjoy!

Talk about maniac!:evil:

I made the controller 5 days before getting the pedal.

Thanks for the input!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I just purchased an Eventide Modfactor, and it is possible to have use aux switches for switching patches, so that you don't need to toggle between patch mode, and bank mode. But it does need to be momentary switches, non latching.

I would like to know this too. I have a eventide timefactor and want to be able to tap tempo, bypass and move up banks using 3 switches.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • Members

okay, this is not really the same thing as the FS-6 because it doesn't use a battery, is smaller, can't switch polarity, and can't switch to latching.

BUT, for those of you looking to control your Boss RC-50 or other loop station, this does the trick for much less money. Hopefully this will help somebody out...

footswitch.jpg

wireing diagram is right but it should be 2 nc ( normaly closed momentry switches ) not no ( normaly open momentry switches ) to work properly .. i have built one using nc switches and it works my rc3 perfectly .. hope this helps if anyone is having trouble using no switches :)

• 2 months later...

Archived