Sound Tech wedge monitor -- Help?

Ken Poshedly

• Members

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes anyway . . .

A friend of my family -- who was also a much loved and very expert keyboardist here in metro Atlanta -- passed away last February. In addition to his home (which his mom and dad are now trying to sell in a terrible market), there was a number of keyboards, speakers, sound equipment of various brands and types.

One of the speakers is a "passive" Sound Tech wedge monitor with simply 2 quarter-inch jacks and no info label. It is simply a wedge-case with a single (10-inch? 12-inch?) speaker. That's it. No on/off switch, no controls, no input power socket, and like I said, any label that may have been on it is long gone.

And I also know that Sound Tech is also long-gone, but I'd like some help in learning how to cable this speaker for sound:

* If I cable it directly to the keyboard (an Ensoniq SDP-1, which is also for sale, $200 plus shipping), no sound -- and yes, the keyboard volume slider control is used to verify.

* If I cable it to a Roland speaker amp which is, in turn, cabled to the keyboard, again no sound from the Sound Tech, but the Roland speaker sounds great.

* The only thing I haven't tried was to cable the Roland speaker amp to it and then cable the Sound Tech to the keyboard (placing it in between the keyboard and the Roland unit).

Anyone have specs, instruction sheet, info on this equipment?

Please either e-mail me here or off-list to poshedly@bellsouth.net

Paul Jean would be proud to know how many friends and fans he still has in Atlanta.

-- Ken Poshedly in Atlanta

Archived