Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!! PRICE REDUCTION!!! (PRICE CLARIFIED!) Dingwall Lee Sklar model (5 string, candy apple red)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!! PRICE REDUCTION!!! (PRICE CLARIFIED!) Dingwall Lee Sklar model (5 string, candy apple red)

for sale: my dingwall lee sklar signature model 5 string electric bass guitar.

i am the original owner. i purchased it in september, 2010.

body wood: northern ash/alder (dual-density)
    neck wood: 5-piece maple
    fingerboard: wenge
    finish/color: polyester/candy apple red
    pickups: dingwall super-fatty
    pre-amp: glockenklang (custom midrange)
    headstock: matching color
    hipshot xtender key (drops B string to A)
    weight: 9 lbs., 6 oz.
    serial #: 4291

custom fitted skb 44 case is included (case itself cost me approx. $100 and getting the case custom fitted cost me $200).

i do not have a gig bag.

i will include 3 sets of new, unused voodoo bass 5-string, light-gauge/stainless strings sets. i can also give you, if you want, a used set of above strings that i cleaned in a bass string cleaning tube containing denatured alcohol (see http://www.tunemybass.com/strings/bass_ ... _tube.html).

i have played out with this bass some, but always babied it; i don't think there are any scratches or blemishes on it. needless to say, everything works perfectly, sounds incredible, plays incredible.

i bought a dingwall super j about a year ago and have been playing it exclusively. so the sklar has just been sitting in the case for a year.

(MY REDUCED PRICE IS $3,300. AND I WILL NOW PAY FOR SHIPPING, PACKAGING AND INSURING. I WAS ORIGINALLY ASKING FOR $3,400, WITH THE BUYER PAYING FOR SHIPPING, PACKAGING AND INSURING. MY ORIGINAL ASKING PRICE DID NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE PAYPAL FEE I WILL HAVE TO PAY. THE BOTTOM LINE IS I WILL NOT SELL UNLESS I CLEAR AT LEAST $3,000, AFTER SHIPPING, INSURANCE, PACKAGING AND PAYPAL FEE. I BELIEVE THAT I CAN PACKAGE, INSURE AND SHIP THE BASS ANYWHERE IN THE LOWER 48 FOR $200, AND IF YOU BUY BY PAYPAL THAT WILL COST ME ANOTHER APPROXIMATELY $100, SO THAT IS WHY I AM SETTING THE PRICE AT $3300. IF YOU HAVE SOME OTHER IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR SHIPPING, PACKAGING OR PAYING, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL CONSIDER IT, AS LONG AS I END UP CLEARING AT LEAST $3,000. FOR INSTANCE, YOU COULD PAY BY MONEY ORDER, OR I COULD PACKAGE IT MYSELF, COSTING ME ABOUT $50 LESS, ETC.)

(IN ADDITION, I AM UPLOADING ADDITIONAL PHOTOS I JUST TOOK OUTSIDE. I DON'T THINK THE PHOTOS TURNED OUT PERFECTLY AS THERE IS DEFINITELY SOME GLARE AND REFLECTION IN SOME OF THE PHOTOS, BUT THEY ARE PROBABLY THE BEST I CAN DO. SO, LOOKING AT THE BASS AS CAREFULLY AS I DID TAKING THESE PHOTOS TODAY, 8/10/14, THE ONLY BLEMISH I COULD SEE WAS A TINY NICK ON THE HEADSTOCK, ON THE TREBLE SIDE, ON THE EDGE OF THE TOP AND THE SIDE. MAYBE THE SIZE OF THE HEAD OF A PIN? I TRIED TO CAPTURE IT IN THE PHOTO, BUT NOT SURE HOW WELL IT CAME OUT. ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HEADSTOCK IS SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT BE A SCRATCH, BUT I'M NOT SURE BECAUSE WHEN I RAN MY FINGERS OVER IT I COULDN'T FEEL ANYTHING, SO IT MIGHT BE IN THE WOOD. IT MIGHT NOT BE A BLEMISH. I TRIED TO TAKE A PHOTO OF IT AND IN THIS CASE I THINK THE PHOTO MAKES IT LOOK WORSE THAN IT IS, BUT IN ANY CASE IT'S BARELY PERCEPTIBLE. SUFFICE IT TO SAY THIS BASS IS MINTY, EXCELLENT, TOP-NOTCH CONDITION. THE ONLY OTHER THING I HAVE TO POINT OUT IS ABOUT THE CENTER LATCH ON THE CASE. I TOOK THE LOCK OUT OF THE CENTER LATCH. THE LATCH CLOSES FINE JUST LIKE THE OTHER TWO. IF YOU WANT A LOCK I BELIEVES SKG HAS THEM FOR A NOMINAL PRICE.)

(TO SEE THE PHOTOS I UPLOADED TODAY, 8/10/14, CUT AND PASTE THIS LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER: https://picasaweb.google.com/1048984...8/August102014)

feel free to contact me at my e-mail address: stewlyons@aol.com.

thanks.
    Last edited by stewlyons; 08-27-2014, 05:53 PM.

Looks like a nice instrument... but I have trouble understanding why you'd want pups right next to each other. Isn't the point of multiple pickups to get a variation in tone from the brightness near the bridge to the more rounded sound near the neck?

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

Working...
    X