Mint Marshall JTM-30 with 6L6's

buy14u

• Members

Marshall is usually known for their great distortion sounds but this amp is a little different. This amp has that clean Fender Deluxe sound that is pure clean tube tone. The clean channel takes pedals very well and is great for Jazz to Country. The second channel goes from JCM 800 crunch to modern high gain sounds. I've had many Marshalls but never quite seen an amp from Marshall with this kind of versatility. Its really a very impressive amp. It is not a cheap Chinese or Korean manufactured toy-this was made in Great Britian, and has a British made Celestion Heritage G12 Speaker. This is one of the very few of these amps that came from the factory with 6L6 power tubes instead of the standard 5881's. The circuit board is perfect and looks brand new. This amp has no issues whatsoever and sounds incredible. My strat, tele and les paul all sound great through this amp. No funny noises, pops or hisses. And it can get really loud for a single 12! The tolex is in 99.9% perfect condition, as is the speaker cloth. This has never been gigged with, and has never left my smoke-free home. I still have the original hang tag and Owner's Manual which are included, as well as a non-oem footswitch. Looking for $400 plus shipping.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Yeah, a 2x12 would have been great! However, the JTM 30 was only offered in a 1x12 (JTM 312) or a 2x10 (JTM 310).

It's bigger brother, the JTM 60 came in a 1x12 or a 2x12.

These are really great amps and sound like a Marshall "should". Unfortunately, due to their design and in particular the tube layout these were often prone to heat failure. The tubes point straight out toward the back of the amp so the heat has no place to go except right up into the chassis.

If you get one in really good condition it would be smart to rig a fan to push or pull air across the tubes. If you get one that needs some repairs, get the repairs done as it will be worth it then rig a fan to help cool the tubes. You'll have a great sounding amp and lot more time between repairs.

Archived