Tips on Finding Good Tunes

SladeHouse

• Members

Ok, I consider myself the king of the white label remixes (seriously i have every single rare house bootleg ever released in the past 10 years, all my records have no labels) so after a long time of tracking down songs, I'd like to share with you some tips.

1. If you like a certain DJ you heard live then (search for a live set of his on youtube as many people in the comments section might identify certain songs for you, or find a CD he's released amazon.com that has samples) find the song you like, write it down. I even hounded Bad Boy Bill's staff about a mislabled track on the "house connection 2" CD just to get a song I wanted. I've emailed DJ's "at this event, the last song you played....what was it?"

2. You can look on juno.co.uk , beatport.com (it's like the mcdonalds of online music) , (there are many UK record music sites that i use, but i aint trying to share those) if you're desperate use www.discogs.com or www.rboc.gemm.com if you know exactley the record or cd you're looking for. If you like certain bands or songs that aren't house, techno, try searching for them by name or song title on websites with samples (juno.co.uk is good for this just make sure you include out of stock and digital titles in your search)

If you can't afford to buy a song you really want now then create a "records list " word doc and cut and paste info into that. (i just completed grabbing records from a 4 year old list i just found

3. Try using limewire (mac users good, PC, not so good) you'd be suprised what you can find.

4. if you're really looking hard for a song etc, and can't find it contact me, i've never been stumped before.

Archived