Gibson Les Paul 5 String Thumper out of the closet!

Dega500

• Members

Hey guys,

I have a 93 Gibson (LPB-25) Les Paul Premium Plus 5 String Bass that I'm thinking about selling.

I've been playing guitar exclusively for the past several years and this bass just sits. I love this bass and gigged it pretty hard back in the 90's and early 2000's but my bass player son won't have anything to do with a 5 string. He likes his 4 string Fenders too much I guess so I'm thinking of fixing her up and putting it on the market.

It has a Cherry Sunburst, flamed, flat maple top, mahogany neck and body, 20 fret ebony fingerboard with trap position markers and black hardware.

It has Bartolini Soapbars and Active 9 Volt Bartolini TCT-B electronics and it needs a new treble pot which I am in the process of replacing.

I have also considered upgrading to a more modern complete system. I can get a brand new Bartolini NTBT systems here:

http://www.bestbassgear.com/bartolini-preamps-ntbt.htm#

I just wanted to get some opinions about whether or not it would be worth my while to spend the $110 + bucks on the bass. Would it appeal to some of you more with the newer electronincs or the originals.

I'd also like opinions on the Bartolini NTBT system if any of you have experience with it or something similar. The old sytem sounded so good and gave you so much control over your tone.

Here is a stock photo I found on the net:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]332456[/ATTACH]

Mine is in good condition cosmetically but has it's share of mojo in the form of dings, scratches etc. but there are no breaks or issues that might affect playability. It came with a brown/Pink Cali-Girl case.

Thanks,

Dega

• 3 weeks later...

Archived