I play a Epiphone Les Paul Special II through a Peavy PA amp (wierd, huh?), mostly blues and 70's rock. Very quiet unit, the noise gate works well. The heavy metal distortions were great, but there were no lighter, bluesy type overdrives. The wah seemed harsh and the range was not adjustable. Couldn't get the Hendrix or SRV sound I wanted. Delays and reverb were very good, but you can't get a real sustained echo because the regeneration feedback only goes to 50% and maximum delay was 0.8 sec. Chorus, phaser, and flange were a bit weak - couldn't get a real jetplane flange or a deep chorus or Univibe sound. Pitch shift worked very well (playing harmony with yourself). Would have been nice if the pedal could control the interval, but there were plenty selectable from the dial. Compression worked well, with plenty of sustain, expecially coupled with distortion.

No problems

General Comments

I've been playing guitar about 32 years; I had a band in high school, but switched to acoustic in college, sold my Les Paul goldtop (wish I would have kept it, now!). I've been a music minister in various churches, playing acoustic. About 3 years ago I got into playing electric again. I'm not in a band, but do some home recording.

This was the first multi effects pedal I ever owned. If I bought another, I would probably try something else. I found it had a number of good effects, but didn't quite do what I wanted in all areas, so I've started collecting individual pedals. I have a Real Tube for distortion (switched the tube inside for a 12AU7. Sweet!), a DOD DD-5 for delay, a wierd Digitech pedal that has both digital chorus and flange I got on ebay (a real jetplane flange and a dep chorus).

I think if you play heavy metal this would be a good pedal (I mean, the name is "Grunge"!). For blues, you'll need a softer overdrive.