This thing sounds best at OD2 with the gain all the way up. It REALLY added life to my DSL20. It sounds great when I mic it as well for recording. I used to have the MP1, and this gives you creamier marshall distortion. I also heard it through a friend's Fender and it gave it some major balls. I think this would be a good addition to any amp for those that want a heavier type sound. The clean settings are so-so, but my amp gets that done anyway, I needed this to make my amp go over the top, and this does just that!

I bought this used from a friend. He had it 2 years with no probs. I've had it 4 months and have had ZERO problems. Original tubes and all. I've heard only good things about it's reliability.

General Comments

Now that I have it in my rig, I would definitely buy it again. It's to important to my recording tone now. This will make any amp scream. Even on my micro battery powered mashall amp, it sounds good. I won't give it a 10 because the clean channel is a little sterile, but that's a matter of opinion. I don't use clean sounds much anyway. This is definitely the best pre amp I have tried, and I've tried a lot!