t-ray

epiphone Valve Junior Tube Amplifier Head

You can go from a clean tube sound to a pushed tube overdrive tone with any guitar. I use it with a strat with Rio Grandes, Carvin 135, G&L ASAT Classic and a Les Paul Special. They all sound very good. My favorite is my Strat because of multiple tones amoung the pickup choices. The amp is very quiet and delivers a terrific fat tube tone. I love the ability to turn the amp volume to about 2-3 o'clock and contol the overdrive with the guitar volume. This amp is great for Blues to Rock'n'Roll; especially old school rock. I think you would need to mike the amp for a medium and above size club setting, however it is loud for a 5 Watt amp!

I have owned it for about a month with no problems. I have no experience long term with such an amp built by Gibson/Epiphone.

General Comments

I have been playing guitar off and on for 30+ years, mostly for fun.

I have owned a lot of equipment over the years. I also still use a Peavey Classic 30 and a Fender Deville. But for the price of a stomp box, this amp cannot be touched in terms of classic tube tone and wonderful tube overdrive. I would definitely buy it again if lost or stolen. Try it out, you won't be disappointed.