Anonymous Reviewer

DigiTech DBM Bad Monkey Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal

I was going to give it a 3 but I sobered up after reading Tonesnob's review. I can only suspect that a lot of guitar players are going tone deaf after reading these overblown reviews. Digitech makes some very nice gear,but this ain't it. The Screamin Blues in that pedal series did sound better than the Monkey. The Bad Monkey made sounds that were in every way inferior to the natural amp sound. They should have named it the Tone Turd. If you get one of these stinkers for Christmas you have my sympathy. Just exchange it for something good. In fairness to Digitech they have other gear that is excellent.

Pray that it breaks or gets stolen. Unfortunately it probably is reliable.

General Comments

Paid $0 because I wasn't stupid enough to buy one. I have seen them for $36 on the Net - $49.95 At Guitar Center. GCs policy is that they will match or beat competitors ,so if you don't ask for the good price on any of there stuff ,you just flushed some of your money away.

A better pedal IMHO is the Ibanez TS 9 DX Turbo Tube Screamer especially with a clean boost or a TS 10 in front of it. The market price for a used TS 9 DX TTS is about$60 - $80 in good shape , new about $110. Money better spent. Don't let them make a monkey out of you.