Anonymous Reviewer

DigiTech DBM Bad Monkey Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal

I just wanted to echo what so many others have said below, this pedal is GREAT, and what a ridiculous price! All I wanted was a bit of a boost for my solos, and this does exactly that, at a fantastic price. I've just come back from a recording session with my band, and I used the Bad Monkey on all the lead parts. I play an American Strat through a Peavey Classic 30. I also use a Boss Flanger and Super Octave, and put the Monkey at the end of the chain. We have 2 guitarists, and I just wanted something to help my solos cut through the mix. This pedal gives a really nice kick in the pants to your tone (and BIG sustain!) and holds on to your amp's natural sound very well, if you want it to. With the Level and Gain up high, it did create some hiss through the amp - but not noticable at all while you're actually playing.

I've only used this for one session with the band so far - but it's built like a tank. A very heavy tank. I can't imagine anything short of TNT breaking this thing.

General Comments

Our band is kind of like Queens of the Stoneage/Soundgarden in style, and this pedal is just right for it - not too "fuzzy" or death-metal sounding. (See www.duffry.com for basic demos).

I've been playing for 18 years, and earn my living as a guitar teacher. I usually don't bother with many effects, but recently got into them, and I'm super impressed with the value for money of this thing. Anyone wanting a harsher METAL distortion isn't going to be happy with this, but for boosting up a valave amp, it's the bees knees at this price.

Get DOWN wid yo BAAAAD MONKEY!