This guitar has that classic spanky Fender sound -- somewhere between a Tele and a Strat. Nice and warm and not noisy at all. My rig goes: Boss TW-1 (it'll funk you up) --> Boss SD-1 Overdrive --> Boss DS-1 --> Boss TU-2 --> Marshall JMP --> 1970's Hiwatt 4x12. While the Bullet doesn't exactly bring enough thunder for heavy rock, it's great for blues and country numbers.

Other than the saddle issue, this is a great guitar -- solid as a rock. The split-shaft tuners are as steady as Sperzels (say THAT 10 times fast). Oh wait, forgot about the strap buttons -- they're a bit on the shallow side. You might want to consider straplocks for this one. I learned this when mine took a header onto a cement floor. No damage though, which I suppose answers the durability question. I would probably use this without backup, except my other guitars would get a bit jealous.

General Comments

I've been playing guitar for about 10 years, but have only been playing out for the last few years. I'm a confessed Fenderholic with several Strats littering my house, but I also have a variety of other guitars -- an Ibanez lawsuit SG, Dano 7-string, etc. But each guitar I own fits a certain musical niche -- or at least that's how I like to justify my gear-buying habits. The Bullet is a great little guitar -- it's not the flashiest or the most versatile, but it's good at what it does. Plus, it's got that vintage US-made Fender vibe to it that's difficult to come by at this price. I've also gotten a few comments on it at shows because it's not something you see every day. And when it comes down to it, we're all just trying to get noticed aren't we? Rock on.