I think the sound quality is superior and can compare to anything I've heard. The wah is very weak and I don't even understand what some of the effects are. I just usually go to a factory preset that sounds decent and tweak till I get the sound I'm looking for. Reverbs are slight to unreal and everything in between. I generally only use the tube distortions which I can get a extremely fat natural tube sound out of. My only complaint is I want more tube gain fron this thing. I turn on the compressor at its maximum gain, 1.5 ratio to push the distortion over the edge. With the ADA mp-2, I don't need anything to get the right amount gain and sustain. However, this method on the 2101 has worked great and the tube distortion is more natural sounding. I have a problem with this thing sounding inconsistent. It seems the longer I play the it startes sounding. I will turn it off after sounding great and saving my settings and the next day (only sometimes) won't sound as exciting. (probally just my playiong that isn't as exciting) Anyone else noticed this?

Never had one problem with it . I do get concerned because I have heard that problems can occur with digital equiptment and electrical storms, surges and spikes. One time I was playing and it was raining outside then the electricity went out came back on and went out again really fast. I waited for the lights to come on for awhile the turned it on and everything was fine to my surprise. After that I went and bought a surge protecter. I recently was looking for a pot near the tubes which I thought might boost the gain from the opp-amp and broke out a 400v capacitor that is behind the tubes. The thing was plugged in and still played and sounded good.

General Comments

i WOULD DEFINITELY BUY THIS UNIT AGAIN!. THIS THING IS A CREATIVE MUSIC MAKING TOOL THAT CAN GET IN DEPTH AS MUCH AS YOU WANT TO GO OR STAY AS SIMPLE AS YOU WANT. IT IS A PROFESSIONAL PIECE OF EQUIPTMENT AND PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE IT PROBALLY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND ALL IT COULD DO AND DIDN'T SPEND ENOUGH TIME TO FIND OUT HOW SATISFYING IT CAN BE. I'VE HAD IT OVER THREE YEARS AND AM JUST NOW FINDING OUT HOW TO GET THE PERFECT TONE THAT I'M LOOKING FOR AND COULD STILL GET INVOLVED WITH THE DIGITAL ASPECT AND SPEND THE NEXT TEN YEARS TRYING TO PERFECT THOSE TO MY LIKINGS. HOWEVER, DON'T GET ME WRONG THIS THIS DOESN'T HAVE TO TAKE THIS LONG FOR YOU. I MESSED WITH THE GLBAL EQ AND WAS NEVER RIGHT. THEN I TOOK DIGITECH'S ADVICE AND SET THE EQ FLAT AND JUST USE THE LOCAL EQ AND NOW I'M HAPPY