Some of the factory presets sound really cool ( I like the spacey ones ), but for my purposes, most of them are really impractical. In retrospect, I think a lot of multiple-effects units sound to processed and not very natural. It sounds much better played through an amp than going directly into a board or multitrack recorder. I like the distortions. I like to make them thick and meaty. That was one of the main reasons I bought it. A Fender Twin Reverb has no distortion and all the distortion pedals I bought sounded way to thin and tinny. I like my amp reverb better than the SGX's. I prefer other choruses I've used.

I bought it used. In the first month I had it, the display died. The company fixed it and I haven't had any trouble since. I guess I would use it without a backup.

General Comments

I play mostly 70's classic rock. I bought the unit to get good distortions and to allow me to get a more heavy metal sound. It is very versatile, but for me it is too versatile. Using it in live situations has been tricky, but once I finally get the sound I want, it's great. I don't want to be fighting my equipment on stage, and for that reason I think I will no longer use multiple-effects processors in live situations anymore. Foot pedals were reliable and simple to use.