I play this along with a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal, with an Epiphone SG deluxe to a Peavey Classic 212 (tube, made in '79). The pedal is a bit noisy, but no more than you would get from your average single coils. It's just a bit of fuzz, no buzz. It is not noticeable once you start playing. It really does better the sound; I can make my SG sound like a strat. It is simply magnificent if you want a smooth clean sound from your humbuckers. If you boost all of the settings, you get a really nice natural tube overdrive. Don't turn the volume on the pedal up too much, or the sound quality decreases. I'll give it a 9 just because of the noise.

I love Boss pedals; you can't do anything to them that will change their quality.

General Comments

I play pretty much anything. This does a great blues overdrive with my DS-1. With all the settings boosted, the natural overdrive is great. Its best territory is clean, though. After playing with this pedal for even 10 minutes, I couldn't believe I thought my amp sounded good beforehand. It's great; I would reccomend it to anyone.