I ALWAYS use my Reissue 1965 Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp or my 1966 Fender Super Reverb Amp (Both Blackface) with my very awesome 1983 "three-bolt" Fender Squier Stratocaster (Practically a CBS Strat) . I usually set the level on 10, tone knob almost all the way down, and drive all the way down ( never all the way up, it ruins that Tube Screamer Sound). This TS-5 808 mod is a great idea this sounds way better than the TS-9 REISSUES and sound just as good as an early orginal TS-9 or TS-808 (4558d Chip).So save your money and buy a TS-5 and 808 mod it. It is the PERFECT volume boost. The 808 mod helps tremendously, it just sounds like my Deluxe Reverb or Super Reverb is on 14. It DOES NOT Change the TONE as much as a highly over rated TS-9 reissue. With a Good Fender Stratocaster and Blackface Amp and a TS-5 808 mod Tube Screamer you can get real close to that Stevie Vaughan, Jimmie Vaughan Texas BLUES tone!!! But of course alot of that tone don't come from the Equipment, you know the Langauge Im Talkin'

Very Dependable but NOT ment For the Musician who is Extremely Rough With Their Equipment. There is no need for a back up. (Just put the Deluxe Reverb on 10, Hah Hah!)

General Comments

This Pedal is PERFECT once again for that TEXAS BLUES Sound. If it were Lost or Stolen I would find the brother and put the BLUES ON EM'. TO GET MY PEDAL BACK!!!! Once again EXCELLENT choice for a volume boost and with the 808 mod doesn't change the TONE at all. I used to think that all Tube Screamers were the SAME. I WAS WRONG TS-5 808 modded ones are the best. SO SAVE THAT $$$$$$$ & GET YO' SELF A TS-5 AND GET THAT DUDE 808 MODDED!!!!