strumMartin

Fender Blonde Blues Junior Guitar Amp

Months have passed and I played approx. 20 shows using this amp, ranging from smaller venues (100-150 people) to large clubs ( approx. 1200) and anything in between. My role in the band evolved into a feedback-painter/rhythm guitarist and the blues junior proved almost useless here. I tried humbuckers, single coils, tele, LP, dano, SG - all with the same result: as far as I stomped on the boss blues driver, the amp just couldn't handle it. All whistles. On reasonable (i.e. rehearsal) volume this was not a problem, but on stage with a higher volume (not cranked all the way though) it just didn't make the nut.

No problems at all. As stated above 20 shows played, countless rehearsals, parties, whatever.

General Comments

I'm currently playing in 2 bands - one of them is a garage/rock'n'roll/indie band where overdrive and feedback is required. After some shows I grew more and more unsatisfied with the blues junior and recently purchased an orange rocker 30, which is a KILLER. The second band is more old school rock'n'roll/rockabilly/country, where this amp gets plenty of use and I think apart from being the perfect practise amp (compact, easy to move around, even by bus) it's great for blues, country, and all the other older stuff. Definitely a keeper.