My vote for the absolute instruments have to be the trumpet & vibe presets. The dog is pretty funny. Ween uses the dog sound for Pink Eye(on My Leg) on the Mollusk album. Honestly from a modern prospective the majority of the preset instruments and drums are junk. This thing's sampler makes up for everything. It reacts very well to my playing or I guess my playing reacts to it(I know what you're thinking, NERD!!!).

From about the first week I had it up until 3-4 years ago when I started working on electronics The external power jack didn't work. I repaired that & use a universal power supply with it. It's survived although battered for 14 years. It's been slammed on floors, thrown down stairs, been beaten with screwdrivers, had things plugged into it that probably shouldn't have been, taken out in freezing weather & many other things I don't remember. It's worst battle scars are 3 missing keys. After all of that for 14 years it has never failed to work.

General Comments

If it were lost or stolen I would do all I could to find mine or another + the person who stole it. Then I would proceed to beat them to a pulp with it & when finished turn it on & continue using it. I've had this since I was 5 yrs old. I'm 19 as of this writing. So you could say I've been playing(this) for 14 years. I don't have any other beginners' level instruments like this. As far as keyboards go, I've got a Yamaha CS-20M analog synth, Wurlitzer 120 electric piano & a Wurlitzer 214 classroom electric piano. I've also got a collection of guitars & amps. This was really the first instrument of any kind I ever had. Everything else I've pursued musically, I pretty much owe to this thing. I've always had fun with it. I just love this thing(I know, I know, NERD!!!). It's fun to use the sampler to mess around with playing things backwards. I have a tape somewhere around the house from about 9 or 10 years ago where I sampled power supply hum from an old radio, a screwdriver banging a metal bookcase & an explosion type mouth-made sound. I was making industrial music before I knew what it was! You just have to have a certain sense of humor to appreciate an old SK-5. This is the kind of thing that Beck would probably dig. It's helped me make music for 14 years and still going strong. If you can find one of these reasonably, don't hasitate.