Dennis-auB8V

crate V Series V18-112 18W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp

I use a few guitars, a Fender Mexican Strat 60th Anniversary with Tex-Mex pick ups, and Epiphone Les Paul that I loaded with a Gibson BurstBucker Pro 3 in the Bridge. I also have an American Fat Strat Deluxe. I didn't try any effects into the amp....yet, but I have a boss chorus, a Morley bad horsie wah, and a boss Super Overdrive. I'll try them straight in when I get a chance. I would not say this is an amp is perfect for NU-Metal, but if your going to play everything from Tom Petty to Collective Soul to Foo Fighters this amp will give you the amount of grit your going to need.

I haven't had the amp long enough to know if I can trust it, but I would not play a formal paying gig with any tube amp, unless I have a back-up. I will be bringing this along to a jam session this weekend, and will not be bringing a back -up. The construction is not too bad at all, I like the styling.

General Comments

I have been playing for 22 years, have had a whole slew of amps over the years. I still love Peavey amps, the 5150 and the Classic 50 4x10 are great amps. I think a lot of people look down on Peavey because they are affordable. If Peavey sold their amps for the price of a Mesa, people would buy them figuring they are better.

This is the first CRATE amp I have ever had, I like the tone, and if Mesa made this amp and had a price tag of $1500, I think people would buy them.

If it were lost or stolen, I would get another one tomorrow.

It would be nice if it had a footswitch and the ability to turn the gain off at the stomp of a foot.