W!

Electro-Harmonix Classics USA Big Muff PI Distortion / Sustainer Guitar Effects Pedal

I'm using this with a Hughes & Kettner edition 1, and a Fender 60's reissue Tele and an Epiphone LP Standard. I mainly use the pedal together with the LP. The sustain of both the pedal and the guitar plays well together, and with the sustain knob set to eleven it really roars. I use the LP mainly for my trippy adventures in noise land, and this pedal together with my MI blues boy pedal really violates my eardrums in every sense of the word. It turns the guitar into a wooden chainsaw. With the Telecaster I usually turn the sustain down a bit, and it's perfect for playing White stripes (dead leaves and the dirty ground, bone broke, etc) The range of the pedal is great, turning the tone knob really makes all the difference, and combining it with other distortion pedals usually results in insane sounds, some more useful than others.

It's huge and heavy. I could probably use it as a stage if i wanted to:)

General Comments

It's a great pedal if you like noisy, high-gain sounds. It's awesome for rock, but if you are in a metalcore band or a session musician for Kelly Clarkson, this is probably not the pedal for you.