Orbitr8

epiphone Valve Junior Tube Amplifier Head

Turn it up all the way to 11, and it breaks nicely, no hum (except thru my old Boss ME-30). Clean on lower setting. I have an old Shane Targa with ancient Humbuckers I'm using until my new Agile gets here next week, and it sounds fine to me. It's loud enough that my hearing got muffled in about 1/2 hour in my front room, playing thru my 2x12 Madison Symphonies ( 140 w RMS combined) I wasn't even playing full volume, it's got presence ! (sarc) I'm sure my neighbors are really happy for me, too (/sarc) Be interesting to see how it sounds thru other speakers; I have an old 60 watt 12" Jackson speaker I might hook up just to see. I don't gig, so I can't tell if it would work in a live situation without mic-ing it. Maybe a small stage/club would be workable.

Unknown, but it looks like it's pretty solidly built. Heavier and a bit larger than what I thought it would be according to the pics. And since I quit cigarettes, I won't have to worry about the inevitable melting burn marks ;) :)

General Comments

Considering there are similar boutique amps going for $250 and up, this thing is worth every bit of a 10 for the price @ $99 and free shipping (Mus.Frnd)

It surely beats building one from a kit for twice this price, unless you want to build one for your own reasons.

I've been playing at it for around 30 some years, for personal pleasure, and this is one of the nicest things I've acquired to date.

If it got damaged beyond repair... I'd buy another. You can't go wrong with this little puppy.

Just great for a bedroom amp.

If you're on the fence wondering if you should take a chance... DO IT , you won't be sorry. And if you don't like it, hell, send it back, or sell it to someone like me for what you paid for it.

I'm not really an Epiphone fanboi, as far as the guitar end goes, but this amp is an exception to the name.

Seems to have quality written all over it. Guess we'll see in about 15 years, eh?

Meantime, color me happy camper, smiley face sunshiny yellow !!