Modulus basses (even this old), have incrible sustain. The tone versatility is incredible. Booming lows, extreme highs, and tremendous warmth, while still having enough bright character for pick style. I traded for this as a back-up to my Modulus SPi Sweetspot Custom. The 2 basses sounded similar, but the Quantum had more tonal range having 2 pickups. Great output with the elecctronics.

Now the negative. After a few months the neck developed a buzz. Older Modulus necks had no trussrod, thus the only hope I had to get rid of the buzz, was to try adjusting the bridge. Boy did that not work. I was going to try and get a new neck for it but decided to trade it for a PRS CE bass instead. My other Modulus I've had since '94, and it's still going strong to this day.

General Comments

It was a great bass while it lasted, actually, it's probably serving somone else just fine, but when it comes to high end basses, I tend to be picky. This was the only Modulus I've heard of having problems, so it was probably a fluke.