I'm currently using my pedal with a Line 6 210 Spider amp and my custom built Fender strat with a seymour duncan humbucker at the bridge(my most used pickup). Yes there is a bit of noise, but mostly when using high amounts of gain. The reverb is keen and so is the distortions however, I'm not a huge fan of the chorus or the noise gate. Every other effect is good, not great.

This baby can take a lick'n and keep on tick'n. One thing to watch out for is overheating. The stock transformer gets a tad warm. Replace it with something else if you're electronically gifted.

General Comments

I play mostly metal and blues. This pedal does a great job for any kind of music. I've been playing for about 5 years, and been using this pedal for around 4 years. If it were stolen I'd kind out who took it break their arms, afterwards I'd get my pedal back and rock out some more. I love this thing and I'd never replace it or get rid of it....unless I got a good price. If you're considering getting one of these then I'd say "go for it". I love mine. Yes it's old and yes there are tons of way better products out there now but, as far as this pedal effects unit goes and the time it was made it's pretty damn awesome.