Tone is sweet, projection is excellent. The problem is, that's only on the top end. The lower register gets weak and trebly between G1 and low D.  C1 through Bb1 are unplayable at anything under 50% volume. In other words, the piece is  not usable. The tip opening is compatible with my other pieces and the reed strength is right for this application. There's nothing wrong with my saxes. I play them with other mouthpieces just fine.

I purchased a used piece from a seller in Florida. It arrived looking like it had been left in the front seat of a car with the windows rolled up on a sunny day in July.  It was quite warped. I had to restore the piece to get it to play. I cannot imagine seeing this kind of damage with other non-metallic pieces made from hard rubber, bakelite, or ebonite. The Claude Lakey website refers to the material as simply "composite", which could mean just about anything. Composite of what? Composite is an adjective, not a noun. They call it a material while not disclosing what that material actually is. That's like saying a sax is made of "alloy" instead of saying that it's made of brass.  Well, I have another adjective - "thermally unstable" at realistic temperatures.

Not worth it at any price in my opinion.

General Comments

This was my second attempt with Claude Lakey mouthpieces. The first try

was with a tenor piece. That didn't work out very well either - too

shrill for my purposes. Honestly, there are plenty of mouthpiece choices out there. Life's too short to mess around with this gimmicky piece. Try something else.

It's now 2019. I've been playing sax since 1972. I own about 30 or so different mouthpieces and 12 saxes from baritone thru soprano. I play classical, marches, pops, show tunes, big band jazz, and small combo jazz. I play rock and double on guitar. I dabble with clarinet and flute.