Two Duncan SC pups and a third Duncan SC/HB in standard Strat configuration sound great by themselves. Add the Graph Tech Piezo under the bridge plus the ability to either switch between the mags and piezo or blend them together gives the player a very wide range of sounds.

So far so good. One minor problem and great customer service. I did have a defective piece of wood that developed a small crack after the warranty expired. Parker immediately replaced the guitar with a brand new one. It has performed flawlessly since I got it. The build is great, fit and finish perfect to the eye, and it's now going on 3 years of reliability.

About the same as any other USA built guitar of similar quality.

General Comments

OK, here is the actual review. In 4 words: "I love this guitar:"1) Light weight - about 5 pounds - but it sustains remarkably well for a guitar of that weight - almost as long as my +8 pound faux LP2) Contoured - it's not like holding the guitar, it's like wearing the guitar - no pinch points on the arm and it seems to hug the body3) Balanced - no neck dive - take your hands off and the guitar stays put right were it was4) Ebony fret board and hardened stainless steel frets make bending a breeze - plus the hardened SS frets should give years more wear than standard frets 5) 14" Radius and 25.5" Scale plus a slim neck make it perfect for me - but I know that's personal preference YMMV6) Sperzel locking tuners, Graph-tech bridge and nut, and an almost straight path from ball end to machine head make for remarking tuning stability. This guitar stays in tune better than my other guitars, and it's the only one I have with a whammy/vibrato arm (I refuse to call it a trem since it's function is vibrato). I'll get off the gig, drive it home in the van, unpack, reload, get to the next gig, and often the guitar is still in tune. This amazes me.7) Great sounding pickups with a wide variety of different sounds - see "Sound Quality" section of this review8) One master volume knob near my right hand and one master tone knob make for quick changes while playing. The third knob is simply to blend the piezo with the magsOK it's not perfect, there are a couple of minor cons1) Small top side fret markers make it difficult to see in challenging lighting situations - I fixed this with some auto reflective tape and a loose-leaf paper hole puncher2) Mag-mag/piezo-piezo 3 position switch is the Les Paul type, and like every other LP switch requires occasional cleaning in corrosive climates - IMHO a blade type switch like a tele or strat would have been a better choice. BTW, The main switch for the mag pups is a blade type switch so it's fine. I immediately bonded with the guitar, since I gig with it, I bought a second one with different pickups so I could have one at home and one on the gig.Since I got it my Gibson, Epiphone, and LTD haven't hardly been picked up, they gather dust and the strings rust from lack of use. I guess I should sell them. Plus I no longer have GAS. I can look at other guitars, see how beautiful they are, but have no desire to own them.

Career professional musician and multi-instrumentalist: Sax, flute, wind synthesizer, guitar, bass, keyboard synthesizer, drums and vocals. I make my living gigging and have done so most of my life. I've played everything from sleazy dives to concert stages as the warm up band for headliners on tour - and everything in between - including show clubs, cruise ships, 5 star hotels, corporate gigs, singles bars, retirement communities, yacht clubs, country clubs, and even appearances on MTV, CBS, NBC, ABC and The BBC.My current duo is at http://www.s-cats.com and I write aftermarket software products for Band-in-a-Box at http://www.nortonmusic.com - examples of my work are on each.I'm listed in "Who's Who in America" and "Who's Who in Entertainment" (that and a couple of bucks will get you a cup of coffee ;)