lastdoctor

Danelectro DJ13 French Toast Octave Distortion Pedal

This thing rocks. You can get a really cool Jimi sound a la Purple haze and many of his other songs. It is not a distortion pedal. It is straight up fuzz. With the distortion set low, you can get close to a plain distortion, but it's still fuzzy though. The EQ knob is just a simple tone control. It has an excellent range from low to high. It is very sensative. It is supposed to be just like a Foxx Tone Machine. I have never had the pleasure of playing with one. Either way, this thing is very cool. It has an excellent sound with or without the octave on. With the octave on, you can play the end of Purple Haze to a tee. The octave is really neat, but you can only use it so much. Great versatility for a pedal so cheap. By the way, if do not like fuzz, don't buy this pedal. It is somewhat noisy, but that is what fuzz is.

I'm not sure how long this will last. I haven't gigged in a few years so it shouldn't take a bad beating. The EQ knob feels a little loose, so I have to be careful with that. Luckily I have found a sound I can stick with. If it dies, they are cheap enough to go get another one.

General Comments

This is a great pedal in general. Not just the price, but the sound. If you like fuzz, go out and buy one. I would buy this thing as many times as I need to. Danelectro might be onto something huge. Especially with good sounding pedals at reasonable prices.