I have to be truthful, if I could afford a Mesa/Boogie TriAxis then this wouldn't have a place in my rack. It definitely has it's superiors when it comes to tone. But while I say that, I've managed to get much better tone out of it than any other Marshall amplifier I have tried. Even though I am only running it through a solid state power amp. I use a guitar with DiMarzio evolution pickups, and alder body. I feel that Marshalls work better with more Les Paul style guitars with really full, rich, mahogany tones. But it does the job. I don't spend all that much time fiddling with sounds either, so it tends to stick with just a few. Don't get me wrong, it does sound good. If you don't have the money to spend on a TriAxis then this is definitely the next best thing. Not the best around, but still very good, and a lot cheaper than the best around.

I've currently had it for a little over a year and haven't had any trouble with it at all so far.

General Comments

Very good versatile unit. For the price it is the best thing on the market. But if I had the money I'd upgrade to a TriAxis. (And may do sometime in the not too distant future!)