Robb-sn8qD

epiphone Vintage G-400 Electric Guitar

The solid mahogany body and glued in mahogany neck produce realy nice sustain. The p/u's are the only week spot and I have heard way worse for double the $.I run it through a Line 6 SV HD100 in to a Krank Rev 4x12 and it sounds kind of like my '76 jap LP clone w/ vintage DiMarzios w/ a little less top end bite.

I use this as one of my backups, along with a '95 Squire Teli w/ a modified JBjr in the bridge, '76 LP clone,'00 Gibson LP studio. with a '02 PRS CE22 as my main, and every one have tested the rigors of time and road worthiness. So I feal this will last also, the frets are very soft.

General Comments

This gets a 10 because this is an amazing $300 guitar and IMO is as good quality wise as the $699 Gibson worn SG, just $400 cheaper so you have extra $$ to spend on set-up and p/u's if you choose and a case. Suprise your still cheaper than the Gibson, and sounding better now too.I have been playing for 16 yrs and this is the best NEW guitar for the money. Although it is not the same quality as my PRS or LP studio, it only cost $300 not $1000+ and shiping was FREE too. Bottom line I am a touring musician and this is the best value I have yet to come across.