Dean-eo.1T

Schecter Guitar Research Hellraiser C-7 Electric Guitar

I play in D tuning. The guitar sounds a little muddy on the 7th string when played on the lower frets but I imagine I could correct that by switching to a heavier gauge. Otherwise the sound is just magic. I play progressive hard rock and it has been able to handle everything I've thrown at it. It even sounds great through a crappy little practice amp I used when I didn't have access to my Marshal Vs102

I've only had it for about six months so its hard to say whether it will stand the test of time. It feels solid though and I'd be surprised if anything goes wrong with it. I always gig with a backup.

General Comments

I've been playing for 11 years. I've got a strat, les paul copy, washburn and an ibanez. I play through a marshal vs102 and a couple pedals (big muff, ts9, gt3). The guitar sounds fantastic with the rig and I'm pretty confident it would shine on anything.

Schecter are making quality guitars at a very affordable price. You are getting a top class instrument at a mid range price. If you are considering buying one, I'd recommend going for it. I own 5 guitars and this one has quickly become my favourite. I had my heart set on a clapton strat for ages but this guitar changed my mind. If i do get another guitar it will in all likelihood be another schecter (either this model again or something similar).