kalaab

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT 50w 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

This is where the Valvetronix AD50VT shines. I was intending to buy an amp that didn't have any bells or whistles, just a good sound. However, there wasn't a single amp in the price range that held up to the sound of the AD50VT. My favorite settings are the Tweed 4x10 and the Blackface 2x12. Very bluesy, but they clean up nicely for a good chimey sound. This amp loves overdrive, whether its own or from another source. I run two TS7 Tubescreamers in conjunction with one another, and this amp loves every minute of it. It is so smooth, with just a dash of color. If you're looking for a good tone for rock or blues, or you want that "Fab" tone for Beatles stuff, this amp is right up your alley. It has everything I need, and the tone is so sweet and full of life. I've played through some pretty nice amps, but this one is about the best in its price range. This amp is easily loud enough for small club gigs and the like. It's definitely versatile enough to get the job done, as well.

I've had some good luck with Vox amps in the past, so I'm confident that the AD50VT will hold up okay.

General Comments

I've been playing for about 14 years now, and I feel like I've got a good idea in my head as to what I consider good tone. This amp, to my ear, has a fantastic tone that takes to effects and finger tone well. Your mileage may vary, but the AD50VT has the sweetest tone in its price range, to my ear. I'm extremely satisfied with it as a live performing amp as well as a recording tool. Excellent sound, excellent value, excellent amp.