This is a great pedal. I would sound very weak without it. I love it with my distortion pedal. I use a BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone. If you make a V shape, with the 100k to just above 0, and the DIST. on the MT-2 all the way up, I can get a great Pantera, Cowboys From Hell sound. I love Pantera, Metallica, Six Feet Under, Cannibal Corpse, Sevendust, Fear Factory, Machine Head, Prong, Obituary, Black Sabbath, Soulfly, Sepultura, and the list goes on. With this pedal I have been able to achieve sounds similar to the bands that I have mentioned and great sounds of my own, just with the distortion. When you have it on clean it also does a great job. It can give you a warm bluesy sound or tingy/warm, sort of like the acoustic solos in Metallica's One. I mainly use the V shape with the bass a little lower than the treble for most of the things I play. Once you get the sound you like, you should be able to leave it on any effect. For me if I want to change my sound I use my amp and other pedals. I use a Gibson Paul II (H/H), which is connected to myJim Dunlop wah, then my CE-5, then my MT-2, then my GE-7 Equalizer, and then my Marshall JCM 800 half stack. I get really amazing sounds with my setup and couldn't be happier.

It is a BOSS so you know it is going to be reliable. No back up needed. Like I always say, get an adaptor or just get a shit load of batteries.

General Comments

This is a great pedal. Like I said I play metal, and all of its types and the GE-7 is great for that kind of music. Well it is good for all types of music, it is just that metal is the music I know best. If you are a metal head out their who's distortion sounds like your dog took a shit in your amp, get this pedal it will do wonders for your sound. But don't take my word for it, try it out yourself.