I'll come right out and say that it's a killer sounding amp. Versatile, too. I tossed the stock tubes and set it up with NOS tubes from Doug's Tubes (great place to buy tubes, btw). V1: 12AY7 V2: 5751 V3: 12AT7 PI: 12AT7 Effects loop: 12AU7 Power section: matched quad of Svetlana EL34s The new tubes made a really big difference. Cleans were cleaner and had a nice sparkle to them, and the drive channel had a really nice growl. The amp was a lot quieter too...stock tubes were VERY microphonic, so I would definitely suggest switching them out. I've only driven the clean channel a few times, but it breaks up into a nice bluesy crunch. The drive channel is just the slightest bit fuzzy sounding, but it's certainly not awful. It's still good overdrive, but it could be just a little bit beefier. Sustain could be a little longer too, but I play with a hollowbody most of the time, which naturally has a shorter sustain. The reverb tank was mysteriously missing when I got the amp, so I can't comment on that. I talked to Cal at Accutronics and he said I could put in a 4BB3C1B or an 8BB3C1B, which I'll probably do eventually. My grandpa hooked it up to his oscilloscope to rebias it for me, and he said that he was able to get 10 Hz with the low boost switch engaged. I just thought I'd mention that as well.

I've only had it for a few months and I'm not rough with it, but it hasn't broken down. I'm not sure why people are complaining about the quality of the jacks, knobs, and switches. They all feel solid to me. The head itself is built well too. The wood is thick and the Tolex is applied well. My grandpa, who used to work for Ampex, opened it up to make sure that everything was in good shape, and he had no beefs with it at all. He was really impressed with the build quality in general, so I'll be willing to bet that this amp will last for a good many years.

General Comments

I was in the market for a decently priced tube head, and this fit the bill. I ended up spending more on replacing the tubes than I spent on the amp, and I'm completely satisfied. It's a great sounding amp and I have no regrets.

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who's looking for a cheap tube amp. I'm sure there's better stuff out there, but for the price, I don't see how you can go wrong. I play mostly Christian rock and worship music, and for those two things, this amp is the perfect fit. I should probably mention that this is the first tube amp I own, so while I've never used anything better, I like to think that I have a pretty good ear and this amp certainly doesn't sound bad.

All in all, I'd probably buy another one if mine disappeared, but only if the price was right.