I don't use this thing a whole lot, but when I do use it, I'm pretty satisfied with the sound. The EQ controls fade smoothly and actually make a noticeable difference in the sound, and the built-in FX processor isn't half bad. I've never used it for anything other than the reverb models, but the other settings aren't terrible sounding. I'm not sure how practical some of the presets are, though--it seems kind of silly to have a flanger or a phaser for vocals or drums, if that's what you're using the mixer for. The only complaint I have is that it's kind of noisy. When the main mix slider is up about three-quarters of the way, there's a noticeable background hiss. I've encountered this problem on most Behringer mixers, though--I don't think it's exclusive to this particular model. You don't notice it at all when sound is going through the mixer, but when it's quiet, you can definitely tell that there's a hiss. I'd probably give it a ten in this category if the thing wasn't as noisy.

Like I said before, I don't use this thing a whole lot. The main reason I bought this mixer was because I needed something with phantom power for my condenser microphones and there was a killer deal on this. It sits on my desk next to my computer most of the time, so it's not like it takes much of a beating. I've taken it to a few gigs and it's always worked flawlessly, so I'll have to give it a solid rating here.

General Comments

For the amateur recording I do and the few gigs I need to bring a mixer for, this thing cuts the mustard just fine. It's not an Allen and Heath or a high-end Yamaha or anything, but for what I use it for, it's more than sufficient.

If it was lost or stolen, I don't know that I would jump on another one of these unless I could find an awesome deal on one. I picked up an older Biamp sixteen channel board for $150 for my churchs' coffehouse about a month ago, and although it lacks the features of my Behringer, it blows it out of the water. All in all though, I would say this is a solid piece of gear. If you're looking for something that doesn't cost an arm and two legs and gets the job done, I'd recommend it.