TNR

Peavey Delta Blues 210 Tube Amp Combo

I use a Epiphone SG Prophecy with dirty fingers pickups. This amp has amazing tone, and when coupled with the SG that I use (It has a flamed maple top) the tone is just beautiful. I have noticed a tiny bit of fuzz coming from the amp, but that only occurs when the boost is active and the EQ is a little wacky. Like I said earlier, this amp is fairly bare-bones, and it only is good by itself for a few styles, but it does those styles well, namely, country, classic rock, blues, and such. The clean channel is the best I have ever heard, even better than comparable fender models in my opinion.The Distortion isn't the greatest ever, but still, I feel, better than the comparable fender models. The distortion does the job for most of the music my band and I play, though there are a few songs I think that I am going to have to break out a distortion pedal to give it that little extra push (Handles pedals wonderfully by the way, so no big deal). As long as you know you are getting an amp that doesn't have intense distortion, I see no reason to complain about it. Just make sure you know, this thing is not going to be blasting out heavy metal without a little extra encouragement from a distortion pedal of some kind.

Can't say, haven't owned it long enough to really say fairly one way or the other. It is a Peavey, so that at least says something.

General Comments

I have been playing for about 6 years, and this is the first tube amp I have owned. After alot of comparing and agonizing over what the right amp was, this one just jumped out at me. For under 1000 bucks, this was an amazing deal. I looked around at Fender, orange, mesa boogie, (though these last two brands don't have alot in the "under 1000" price range), Marshall, Bogera, Bogner, Vox, and Peavey. This Delta Blues was the only one to really jump out at me for something in my price range.

My Biggest complaint is that there is nothing in the back to protect the tubes. I've heard alot about tube rattling also, but at low volumes you only hear it when you listen for it, and at higher volumes it gets drowned out anyway, so it doesn't bother me at all.