Matt Truschka

DOD FX747 Super Sonic Stereo Flanger

I have a Fender Lone Star Strat and a Jackson Rhoads Standard both of which I play through a 65 watt Marshall VS and it sounds fine. I've never noticed any unwanted noise while using it. The only time I really use it is with the Strat on a clean channel or with very little distortion and it sounds great. I personaly don't like the flange effect when using a lot of distortion but thats a matter of opinion, not quality.

I've had it for about 6 or 7 monthes with no problems so far. The reason I gave it a 7 is because its never been through any extreme situations yet, but I'm confident it'll hold up.

General Comments

I play mostly hard rock and metal which requires a lot of distortion and as I found out after purchasing it, I just don't care for the effect with a lot of distortion. If it was lost or stolen, I'd definatly get another flanger but probably something cheaper, since I don't use it a lot. All in all, its a great flanger so check it out if you're looking to buy one, just make sure you like the flange effect before you get it.