What's the output level like? Hottest pup I've ever heard. Period. What amps and effects are you using it with? I'm running this in my Ibanez SZ720FM straight into a Bogner Uberschall head and 4X12 cab. Tone - Bassy, middy, muddy, trebly, balanced? The tone is very much based around mids. Now to all the metal heads out there, don't let that scare you away from this animal. When I first played this pup I was looking for the only sound I had ever known from an active circuit - EMG 81s. Up until I bought this a year ago, the 81s have been my know all end all of active pickups. Now not to slander the EMGs, I have alot of respect for their products and what they've done for the metal/rock sound, but the LW HMET is just plain better. This thing just accels in every deparment of an overdriven/high gain sound. The lows are clear and crisp while the highs sing with incredible sustain. Pinch harmonics are performed effortlessly. Everything you send towards this pup is handled with ease, it just smiles, knowing it's got the attention of everyone in the room.(And the next for that matter.) I think the greatest quality of the LW HMET is the simple fact of tone. It doesn't sterilize the natural wood tones of your guitar - something that EMGs tend to do. You can really tell that SD put a great deal of time and thought into creating this pup. What style of music do you play? Metal/Thrash/Deathmeath Is this a good match? I am still yet to find anything that trumps this. For which positions is this pickup (un)suitable? Bridge and Bridge only.

General Comments

If it was destroyed or stolen, would you buy it again or get something else? I would have ordered 2 by the end of the day.

How long have you been playing? What other gear do you own? I've been playing for 10 yrs, all of them towards the metal genre. The rest of my gear includes a 100w Marshall combo amp, a Jackson DK10R with EMG 81s and a fender strat.

What do you love about it? What do you hate? Read above

Did you compare it to other products? Which ones? Why did you choose this one? Read above

Anything you wish it had? Yes, I wish it had more people playing it.

Are you satisfied with this pickup or still searching for that sound? I truely don't know if anyone can make a better active pup. I'm very happy that I've found this pup, it's help me mold my sound to what I've been trying to find for years.

Anything else you'd like to share? To all of you reading this that are thinking to yourself "Ya it might be good at high gain, but what about it's cleans? Because without cleans it's just another one dimensional pickup." First, you don't run an active circuit in your equipment if you're looking for a "clean" sound. I hear of people doing this then complaining about the fact that their new pup can't cut it when it comes to a clean clear tone. If you're looking for the best pup for ANY kind of high gain/distorted/overdriven sound, you've found it. Nothing is better, I've looked, played and purchased alot. Nothing has the quality this does. If you're looking to play anything other than that, you're in the wrong neck of the woods, and you need to turn back and go back home.