John-X-0wR

epiphone Valve Junior Tube Amplifier Head

It works well with all my guitars but I prefer it with my humbuckers as opposed to single coils. I find the tone voxish. On its own it has some nice deep bottom,when recording I find the "rat" gives me some smooth thick creamy distorted leads.

I have had this amp for just over a year and everything is fine

General Comments

I have been playing for forty years, I actively play and gig. For big concerts I use a fender prosonic with a mesa boogie V Twin. I also have an american made tweed blues junior which I also use regularly. I have 2 custom shop Zion Guitars, Strat and Tele with lindy fralin pick ups, an Electra MPC and a Heritage Millenium semi acoustic.

The amp is great for recording and is very light. Sometimes I just don't want to carry the heavy 70 lb Fender prosonic up the stairs so this is a great alternative depending on what I am playing that day. It is what it is. It is a fun made to rock amp with no reverb. If you play jazz this amp is not for you as it begins distorting after 3. Without the Bitmo mod I would not have been happy with this amp as the mod elevated it from being just a toy to a weapon I can use in my tone arsenal for specific jobs.