lashowtime

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT 50w 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

This is where this amp shines. The 4x10 tweed setting is so sweet. Low end that will rattle the stage. boutique sounds are ok. US high gain is also awesome. And the AC30 Is great. very close to expensive tube amps, just not as loud. Best you can get for the money, and I have tried all of them.

Had a problem with mine. Volume knob stopped working. If I turned it past 20 o clock, I would get no sound at all. I gig a lot. This amp sees the stage at least 2 nights a week. Maybe it wasn't made for that, but at 50 watts, vox should expect it to be used by club guys, and we tend to dish out some abuse. I brought it back to the store, and they exchanged it without question. It was showing a little wear. But I also have a Peavey clasiic vt and have NEVER had a problem, so I guess my reliability standards are high. If I have to carry 2 amps to make sure 1 works, that is not reliable.

General Comments

Overall, i love it. I get to leave my peavey in the trailer, and throw this one in the car for spot gigs. Grab one of my guitars, and my old RP3 AND GO!! I will own it as long as it works. I am waitng for the vt 100 to come out, and will buy one when it does. But I will keep the 50 to play in my room.