ElZurdo

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal

I'm always experimenting and rearranging pedals but my current set up is either a PRS CE24 with Dragon Treble and Vintage bass pickups or a American standard Fender strat with Vintage Noiseless pickups going to the Wah --> Clark Gainster --> TubeScreamer --> Jimmy Hendrix Classic Fuzz --> BBE Treble boost --> Boss DD7 --> Fender Blues Junior. The true-bypass made a HUGE different is maintaining the tone of my guitar intact, the mods allow me to get a very vintange wah sound which I like with the fender strat or a more modern wah sound which I use with the PRS. All in all a great improvement in the tonal quality of the pedal.

The pedal is built like a tank by Dunlop and the mods are all internal (except of course for the blue LED that I had Gary put on the left front side of the pedal) but it's all very well done and soldered. All the mods seems completely reliable to me.

General Comments

I started playing classic rock in high school (Jimmy Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Santana, etc.) and been playing ever since (over 20 years now!). I play contemporary christian music now (hillsong united type of stuff) and this pedal works great for that.

I would have this pedal replaced if it was stolen. I love the fact that it is so versatile now and with the cost of boutique pedals going so high these days these mods are the cheapest way to upgrade your pedalboard.