anonymous-0rQPF

Schecter Guitar Research Hellraiser C-7 Electric Guitar

I was very surpriced on how different this guitar sounds compared to the C7 Blacjack. (Which is essentially the same guitar with Duncans). The Hellraiser has a lot more fuller and aggressive low-mid tone, whereas the Blackjack has a upper-mid grind to it. The Hellraiser sounds a lot more modern too, and the pinch harmonics are easier to pick. It does have a little annoying high end, a lot more fizzy than the Blackjack. I was surpriced how good the EMGs sound clean. Overall, this guitar has a very thick tone, great for rhythm. The EMGs have more gain than the JB in the Blackjack too.

Very solidly built guitar, I would gig with it without a backup. (Although I ALWAYS take a backup).

General Comments

I've been playing about 11 years, 6 of them in a band. My rig consists of a Framus Cobra head + cab and a C7 Blackjack and C7 Hellraiser. I guess if it was stolen I propably would buy a new one. (That or save enough money for a custom from Ran, Blackmachine or Mayones).

I love it how thick this guitar sounds without being muddy. This is the first guitar I've been able to play with our ridiculously low tuning (F#) with extreme clarity. The high end sounds pretty harsh when compared to the Blackjack (which is more organic sounding overall) but I run the treble and presence pretty low already so that won't matter much.