Sound quality is surprisingly excellent - I play an Epiphone Les Paul limited edition, made in Korea 1996, a Squier Double Fat Strat, Washburn G-Junior and all sound great. Band I'm in plays mostly classic rock for gigs, some hard rock/metal for fun. The overdrive channel is really pretty good, much better than my non-DSP Princeton 65 (they must have forgotten to put in the "Dyna-Touch" on that one). But, running this DSP as the main and the non-DSP as the slave, they sound great together (in total 130watts through 2x12). Clean tones are amazing, and again overdrive is very good. Metal requires a pedal though. When I want fuzz I use my Russian Big Muff, for metal gain I use a Boss HM2, and occasionaly my vintage Morley Wah/Volume. My Digitech RP150 handles any modulation I want.

Very reliable, never broken down, since I run two amps together if one ever dies I'm sure I can finish a gig with the other - grudgingly. But, it's not a concern - I've had the non-DSP Princeton since 1999 and it refuses to break down no matter what I do to it. Some have complained about weak (plastic) knob shafts. I can say that my non-DSP Princeton seems much more sturdy - this DSP model shafts aren't nearly as strong, but they haven't broken off yet either.

General Comments

Been playing for 20 years, have owned Peaveys, Crates, other Fenders, tube and Solid State, and I record through a Fender Pro-Sonic head/Mesa cab. These Princeton amps are perfect for me and my gigging needs without unnecessary cost. Too often people get caught up on the Tube Is Better mentality, and while we as guitarists can tell a difference, the audience can barely tell the difference between a good song and a bad one, much less the tone of your guitar amp. What you play and how you play is MUCH more important than tone. But, if getting off on your own farts is important to you, by all means skip any solid state gear so you and your tube-head buddies can circle jerk each other over your "tone".