alex-7Heoh

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT 50w 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

I play 2 Epiphone Firebirds and a Sg Junior, this amp seems to like any pickup. I mostly play country, punk and metal,it has everything I need. I will be using this live for sure. I have an Ampeg and Kustom tube amp and I hate taking them to shows because we get rowdy. I have only had this amp for 2 days but let me tell you something, it rocks! I decided to plug it into my hard disk recorded via the line out. It sounded amazing, the sustain and tone was so good. The clean sounds are clean but the volume seems to vary depending on the amp you choose. The best setting are the Black Face, the Bassman and the Ac30. For metal, the JCM 800 setting is kicking my ass! It's got plenty of volume, my Ampeg is 15 watts calss A which is really loud but not enough. This seems to maintain tone at any volume.

I have only had it 2 days so I can't tell. The warranty is for 90 days so let's hope I don't need it. It's build rugged from what I can tell.

General Comments

Overall this amp is exactly what I needed. I have been searching far and wide. My friend has a Marshall Jubilee combo which is what I originally wanted but they have become overpriced. I have been playing for 17 years, I think I finally found my amp. For any tube snobs out there, soundmen hate cranked tube amps in places that only seat 500 people. This amp will get a good tone at any level, I want to sound good, not try to look cool(even though I already did before I got this amp). That was a joke.