Will Faust

DigiTech DBM Bad Monkey Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal

This absolutely blew me away. I go to Berklee college of Music and we have a tech room with literally thousands of pedals and effects. The second i played on this bad boy I had to get one. It is such a clear overdrive sound, very Santana sounding lead if you like that, which I do. This will not get a hard rock sound so don't try, but if you want a great blues/classic rock sound from a pedal you gotta try this. I would have paid $160 for this but it was 1/4 of that. Unbeleivable. I use a Standard Fender Strat (lefty) into the Bad Monkey into a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, and it is not noisy at all.

Built like a tank, I would gig without a backup.

General Comments

I play original stuff that ranges from jazzy sounds to full out rock sound, I use the Digitech Hot Head pedal to get a thick distortion, but I use this 75% of the time, I also do a few covers like GnR, Boston, Zeppelin, Handrix, etc. and the combo of these two pedals does it all. However, these ratings are based on using the pedals through a tube amp(Fender Hot Rod Deluxe), the analog pedals really chime through on tubes, but on solid state it still sounds good, but not amazing.