I was not initially impressed the first time I played the Trinity! However, this is because it was demoed to me through a shitty sounding 'MONO' comba amp in the music store!!!!!!! Later when I went back and checked it out properly, I was blown away by all the sounds. I can honestly say that there is no particular area that the Trinity is weak in when compared to other high end sample based synthes- I could get really picky and dish the acoustic piano- It is not that realistic but it is a very PLAYABLE SOUND! I wouldn't use it to record solo piano with though. The electric pianos are all fantastic, as are the organs (both hammond and pipe). I LOVE THE STRING SOUNDS- these are way better than the ones in my orchestral expansion board in my Roland JV1080. Basses (both electric and synthe) are excellent as are the percussive and bell sounds. With some editing, the choir sounds really shine as do the overall pad sounds. Drums are superb- both acoustic and electronic and finally Korg have allowed us to set up velocity switches between drum samples in a kit- GREAT! Guitars (both acoustic and electric) are nice, particularly the nylon string and the 'parker guitar'. I give the Trinity a full rating based on the fact that it is sonically such a versatile synthe- superb multi-band filters with resonance (FINALLY KORG SMELT THE COFFEE!!!!) really help generate some awesome voices. GREAT!

The only problem I had with it was when one of the keys popped out. Other than that is has worked faultlessly up until I sold it. The person (who is very legit) who brought it off me experienced hassles with the disk drive and power supply dying- It looked as though I was being shifty and selling him a busted peice of gear BUT THAT DEFINETLY WAS NOT THE CASE! I think 'Murphy's Law' came into practise here!!!!!! My rating is for the hassles experienced by the new buyer.

General Comments

If I had money to burn, I would not have sold my Trinity to buy the Triton but would have used both boards. Whilst the Triton is the 'new and improved' version of the Trinity, there are some waveforms inside the Trinity that do not reside in the Triton which I miss. If I held on to the Trinity and it got lost or stolen, I would buy it again. In comparing Trinity and Triton, the Triton does fix up a number of (Very Small) operating system annoyances that I experienced with the Trinity such as the slower screen redraws and the output implementation. The Tritons 62 note polyphony and slightly improved effects system is welcome as is the decent sampling capabilities, dual arpeggiators and slightly improved sequencer. If you are a Trinity owner who is thinking of upgrading to the Triton 'just for the sake of staying up to date', my advise is to hold on to your Trinity unless you really need the extra features of the Triton. Sonically, they both sound very similar (if not the same). The Triton has the edge in the variety of drum samples but I actually prefer to play the Trinity's acoustic piano sound. If you have not brought either of these boards, then by all means go for the Triton. The main point I am stressing here is not to upgrade your gear just for the sake of it if what you are presently using is working fine and most importanly 'SOUNDING GREAT!' I loved the Trinity and actually regret having to sell it (to buy the Triton). It is the first keyboard since the M1 and T series which actually made me stand up and take notice that there indeed was something released that sounded better than anything else.