PapaDelicious

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT 50w 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

Using it with a les paul loaded with Seymour Duncan Alnico-II Pro in the neck and a Pearly Gates in the bridge. Suits my music style really well. I play most rock from indie to hard, sounds great for classic stuff too. The metal sounds...eh. Only place this is lacking. It's not bad at all, but it can get muddy. Still good for slower metal-type songs, but for fast metallica songs and etc. it's not so great. Still good for hard rock stuff like Disturbed though. Ton of variety. Cleans are great, crunch and slight overdrive is great, hard sounds are great, metal sounds are decent. There isn't really a situation where this amp is going to be noisier in the bad sense than any other amp. Built in noise reduction circuit is AWESOME!!!!. Distortion, as mentioned before, is good, but not quite "brutal"

Amp is built very solidly, you can definitely depend on it. You could gig it w.o a backup, but I would always have one in case lighting strikes it or a big rock falls on it or something. I don't care how solidly built your amp is, a big rock falling on it isn't going to end positively. Failing that, definitely usable and realiable for gigs.

General Comments

I've been playing for about 2 years, I've got my axe, this amp, and a boss OS-2. I love how it sounds. Beats and Line 6 or MG, Cube comes close, does metal better, but not everything else as good. Kicks ass, especially for the price.