No noise. The unit sometimes jumps the octave on low notes, and there is some theory to that, but I don't know what it is. The Octave sound is a little weaker than the Direct sound, but it can be adjusted. I use a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp.

I bought it used from somebody in non-working order. I took off the baseplate, removed the battery compartment, plugged it in, and it worked. The paper card glued to the baseplate came lose, and something probably shorted out. The battery leads didn't run through the compartment, but were instead wrapped around. The pots were dirty, and that could have been the problem, too. I just cleaned them out. I don't think that DOD has the best design for a footpedal, and they should probably take some hints from BOSS.

General Comments

I like the sound, and although I don't have a place for it yet in my music, I would like to have an octave pedal in my setup. However, I would prefer to buy the BOSS model, because it does two octave divisions instead of just one, and the BOSS design is more reliable. I bought it with intentions of using it for spare parts, or possibly fixing it for resale, and that is exactly what I am doing now.