cuspclub

Peavey Delta Blues 210 Tube Amp Combo

I use a Fender American Strat with EMG-SA's and a Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite (great axe). I play blues and 60's era rock and it sounds great overall. The clean channel is nice - not really "Fenderish" as far as the treble response goes, but still sounds good. The distortion channel has more gain than you would think for this type of amp, but it sounds fantastic at all gain settings. Reverb sounds good. I think the Tremolo has a design flaw. It sounds fine, but when you crank up the depth the overall amp volumes decreases quite a bit. To me it sounds as if the tremolo doesn't react properly to let the gain return to full in between each tremolo fade. Great sound overall and good sustain too.

I think it should be o.k., but probably too soon to tell. My unabused 5150 head is broken at the moment so I'm afraid to comment at this time.

General Comments

I would buy it again. The tone is incredible for the price range. I've been playing guitar for 10 years and I know what good gear sounds like. If you're into blues and rock, don't buy a boogie - buy this instead. Yes, it really does sound that good.