Big K-75tne

EMG EMG-ZW Zakk Wylde 81/85 Humbucker Set

Great chimey noise free clean and terrific metal growl and sustain. Excellent pinch harmonics and more versatile than I expected! I heard all the talk about how sterile and un natural EMG's were but buddy, let me tell you I tried Duncan's, Dimarzio's and custom types and they all left me wanting. For ME, these are the shit! Not muddy, not bad in any way to my ears at all. I have a custom board setup with too much shit to mention and I have a Boogie Mark III and Peavey Ultra combos which I connect to custom built cabs and I can put down some serious volume AND tone with my setup. I play mostly Ozzy, Van Halen, and Metallica, but I also love the tone I get rolling the volume back and switching the pups for SRV, Hendrix, Zepplin etc.

General Comments

I got great deals on ebay for the (now) 3 sets I've purchased. I love them for the versatility and tremendous power they put out. I've been playing for over 25 years and have owned all kinds of gear and recently re-built my collection from scratch after the divorce thing. I may try the pre-amp by EMG at some point in one of my rigs. Anyway, as someone previously said, why would anyone steal pickups. That would mean my rig was stolen also and that would justify deadly force imo!